Preparation is key to taking the stress out of moving. Below are some tips on how we can help you.
Things to consider before deciding contacting a removal company
- What items will you be moving?
It may seem obvious, but this will save you time when you start contacting removal companies. This will help them decide what size truck to use, and how many men will be required. A good inventory will help you receive an accurate cost for your move. It will also help with any insurance inquiries. Even if you’re only moving a few items, most removal companies will want a list as some items (such as pianos and pool tables) require specialist tools and staff.While writing up your inventory, try to think of items that will go into boxes, breaking the list down into furniture and boxes. The less unnecessary stuff you move, the more money you’ll save!Got some things you simply can’t part with? Talk to us about our short, medium, and long-term storage options.
- Access for removals
Take a look at the accessibility of both your existing and your new home. This way the removalists will supply you with an accurate quote.Consider:
- Is there sufficient access for a removal truck to park on or off the street? (Notify the removal company if access is going to be difficult).
- Is there access for large appliances and pieces of furniture in your new home? (You may want to get rid of any furniture that won’t fit. Talk to us about our secure, short, medium and long-term storage options).
- Do you have flights of stairs on uplift or delivery.
- Is there a lift at either location?
- Do you need to book the lift’s or does the removalists need to provide management with required insurance doc’s.
- Why use a professional removal services.
Do-It-Yourself moving sounds simple enough: just rent a truck, load up your stuff, and off you go. And, of course, in a few cases (for instance: if you’re not going far, don’t have a lot of things to haul, AND have people to help) this MIGHT be ok. BUT…Most often, when you factor in all the expenses. Rental truck will not provide you with the tools required to do the job safley, Such as (Blankets, Ties, Trollies, tape and lifting straps) (think of your time, petrol, insurance, packing materials, truck, and equipment rental ” not to mention possible injuries and breakages!) Do-It-Yourself furniture moves simply aren’t as economical as they may seem.Why use a professionals?
You wouldn’t trust any person to repair your car ” why would you trust just any person to move your precious furniture and belongings.
Removals are about more than lifting heavy items and placing them down
Your possessions are important to you and your family. You worked hard your hole life, and you DON’T want to spend the rest of your life living with damages from untrained people.
That’s why you need a removalist who is trained to a national standard.
At Ready Movers we only employ trained professionals.
So, if you’re looking for a reliable removal company in Brisbane or Redcliffe, We can look after you anywhere across Australia and world wide.
Moving house? Here’s how to get the most out of your budget by planning your next move
When it comes to moving on a budget, The more you plan, the more you save!
Naturally, it’s not always possible to plan your furniture removal months in advance. But the earlier you start and the more planning you do the best result can be achieved.
Here are just a few ways you can really save cost on your home removal by planning your upcoming move:
- Timing your move Life is unpredictable and when moving you have little time to pick your moving dates. But, in the rare cases where it is possible, you can save cost on your move by scheduling it cleverly.Try not to move during festive season ” removalists define this as the busy season and most expensive season for a move. Also, where possible, don’t schedule your move for a Sunday or public holiday staff have to be paid overtime. By far the best time to move is in the middle of the week ” and preferably in any month outside the peak season.
- Be selective about the items you want to move Why pay for space and labour moving items that you don’t want, or need, As soon as you know you’re going to be moving, go through your items and decide which items you will be keeping. Gather up those items you don’t want and dispose or donate the items you don’t want ” you could donate them to a charity of your choice, sell online or pass them on to interested relatives or friends. Don’t forget curve side pickup and or garage sale at least two weeks before your moving date.Got some stuff you don’t want to get rid of, but can’t bear to part with? Talk to ready movers about our short, medium, and long-term storage options.
- Do your own pack or partial pack This is one of the benefits of using Ready Movers as your home removalist. We believe in helping save you cost wherever possible by offering as much (or as little) assistance as you need. Our low hourly rates mean you only pay us for the hours you require.If you plan to do your own pack, start by collecting professional moving and packing cartons. You’ll need cartons, bubble wrap and wrapping paper for fragile items, tissue and plain packing paper, scissors, stanley knife (for opening cartons), and rolls of tape. Contact Ready Movers ” we can arrange these for you and again (you only pay for what you use). It’s worth getting professional removal cartons (for the sake of protection of your possessions) as boxes from other sources may not be strong enough or suitable for transport. A successful move starts with successful pre-packing. Don’t underestimate the time it takes to pack your house in full. Ideally you want to start several weeks before your move. This way you can set aside a dedicated room and box up a few items each day.Pack those items you do not require to use on a daily base first. Collections and other small things take more time to arrange and pack, so start working on them first in the moving process. Remember to dispose of all flammable, corrosive or explosive items well before the move, contact correct authorities for disposal.For more on packing for your removal see our packing tips page.
- Help with loading and unloading of the truck While our team is ready and willing to move your home, while you relax and attend to your family members and pets ” Ready Movers is also happy to help you save money by helping out with the loading and unloading. Talk to us about our policy when loading and unloading of the truck, to suit your requirments.And if you find that you need extra men on the day? We’ll be there for as long as you need us to be ” we’re flexible enough to work as long as you need us.We’ll happily assemble beds, hang tv’s, pictures, disconnect and reconnect of appliances ” so you’re settled in quickly and ready for the next stage of your life!
- 5. Protect your possessions by selecting a reliable, professional service The people who work for removal companies in Brisbane have varying degrees of training, varying skills they provide — which shows in the quality of their work and reviews online. It’s important to go with a reputable and reliable company, and professional removalist. As a family business that only employs quality trained, full-time staff members, Ready Movers has a lot to offer you. Every member of our team is dedicated to our philosophy of taking care of our clients. We do this by keeping our Ready Movers’ promise of pack, move, live. So you can get your move over with and get on with enjoying life in your new house or home.
Talk to us today about how we can help you with your home removal in Brisbane and Redcliffe (or anywhere across South East Queensland).