When it comes to packing your valuable (and often fragile) house or office contents for removal, you want to be sure it done by professional packing services in Brisbane.
With Ready Movers you’ve got the choice of doing it yourself (ask about our range of moving boxes and packaging materials) sent out to you before we arrive to help you with your home or office removal.
Letting our removalists professionally pack your possessions with the peace of mind of the Ready Movers written no damage guarantee:
If anything is damaged or broken while we are moving your house (and with our high level of training and care) we will pay for the repair or replacement cost!
Packing Tips For you
We understand that it isn’t just the day of moving, it’s the days and weeks after removal when the REAL hassles start unless you’re properly packed that is! Here are a few helpful hints that you can use when packing to make sure things go right on moving day ”
Our Truck Sizes
Small Truck 25 Cubic Meters
Large Truck 60 Cubic Meters
10 Quick packing and preporation tips to get your removal process started
- Start collecting packing materials and moving boxes (ask us about arranging these for you). Here’s a short list of what you’ll need:
- Moving Boxes (Do yourself a favour and get professional cardboard moving boxes they’re stronger! Also get a suitable size for your items).
- Tape (Make sure you get quality tape using multiple strips on top and bottom of the box).
- Scissors (Keep a sharp pair or two handy for cutting paper, string and tape).
- Bubble wrap and plain wrapping paper for wrapping around fragile and sharp items.
- packing paper to line your moving boxes.
- Coloured markers and stickers to colour-code boxes, Lable your box for the room your require to be place on delivery.
- Use a Moving day inventory List
- Ziplock bags to put nuts, bolts, screws, keys, etc into, Dedicate a priority box clearly labelled for easy access on delivery.
- Keep these together at all times in a priority box.
- Start early. Packing takes time, don’t put it off until the last minute. Get in early and aim to finish at least 2-3 days prior to your moving day.
- Start an inventory list of items you want to move. Separate boxes and items into categories, such as removald, storage (talk to us about storage options) disposal, giveaway, and garage sale.
- Start packing the less frequently used/non-essential items (clothes, or things stowed away in the garage for example). Remember to pack heavier items towards the bottom of boxes, and don’t pack more than you can easily lift into a box. Pack books in small boxes so they’re easy to carry.
- Start labelling your boxes. Make sure each box has your surname and a number on it.
- Start your numbering from ONE and proceed in ascending order. This way the lowest numbered boxes contain the non-essential items and these can be packed first, and unloaded last.
- Start with one room at a time and make a contents list for each box. Stick the relevant list to the outside of every box.
- Start a Master Moving List which matches the number on the box to the relevant contents list.
- Start colour-coding! Pick a colour to represent each room in your new space and mark boxes accordingly. This way you’ll know which boxes belong in which room.
- Start preparing a Moving Day Essentials Box containing:
- Coffee, tea, snacks, cups, a kettle, plates, utensils and a kitchen cloth.
- A torch, a first-aid kit (including pain relievers), pencil and paper, re-sealable plastic bags, and a small tool kit.
- If you’re moving house, pack an overnight bag for everyone in the family, with enough toilet paper and toiletries for everyone.